Wednesday, March 4, 2020

The New Journey

Yesterday was day one of my new journey. The picture you see in my blog profile...that is a lot more like me than I am right now. I've said from the start that this journey is not about creating a new Torry. I like who I am. It is about chiseling away at some of the stuff in my life that has not allowed ME to show through. I've coped, I've managed, I've faked it until I've made it (and boy, I am so blessed and have no problem saying "look ma, I made it."). I'm tired of that. It is tiring not being your true self. I know this will come with a lot of ripple effects and as I fix one thing other items will come up, but I'm ready. I've got an amazing partner to make this trek with. I've got a son who looks at me like I can do no wrong. I have a great job and live in an amazing city. I've got no more excuses.

If you are interested - please feel free to follow along. I am very open with my stories and if I can inspire just one other person then I'm having my cake and eating it too. Figuratively speaking of course because at 960 calories a day of meal replacements I'm pretty sure I'm a long way away from cake!

2 comments: