Tuesday, December 7, 2010

It's 3am, I must be lonely...

Alright, so I'm not even close to lonely (Melany's sound asleep in the other room) but whenever I'm up at this time (which is rarely ever) I tend to get the song by Matchbox Twenty stuck in my head.  I've been up for about two hours now waiting for a situation to come to some sort of closer for the evening and am fighting the sleepiness as I type.  Lack of sleep and I are not best of friends.  In fact, I get very grouchy when I don't get sleep (ask Melany and those that work with me) but I can't help but think about how lucky I am to have the job that I have.  Here it is 3am, I've been up since around 12:45, and I have one of the best jobs in the world. 
In fact, during this time of year I am just very fortunate to have a job at all.  I think about all of the times that I get a little worked up over things at work, or right now being aware of the fact that I am massively sleep deprived, but you know what...I have a job. I need to remind myself that, even though I don't necessarily like the circumstance that I'm currently in, there are many out there right now who would be very grateful for the opportunity to do what I do or, even more so, who would be grateful for the fact that they can provide for themselves or their families.  So as I get ready to close up this case, and work to fall back asleep, I will do so knowing that I will count myself to be a lucky one!

No comments:

Post a Comment