Friday, October 8, 2010

My first musings

I have been thinking about setting up a blog for a long time.  I've known family members who have had one to keep people posted to what is going on in their life.  I've also known friends who have had them for the sake of randomly getting out information.  It hasn't been until recently that I've realized that I have a lot to say and want to find a way to get information out there.  I'm not saying that the information I'll be putting out there will be monumental or earth shaking but hopeful people will find it useful, thought-provoking, funny and enjoyable.  I've grown a lot as a professional through the dialogue created by blogs such as The Student Affairs Collaborative and the ACUHO-I Blog.  I've also found a lot of enjoyment by stopping in on other peoples blogs just for some of the humor that presents itself through their "verbal vomiting".  I guess my hope is that this blog of mine can do a little bit of all of that for those who read it. 

I guess the other hope is that I find a way to be consistent with blogging.  I usually start projects such as this and then slowly fade away as other shiny objects take my attention, but maybe this is the kind of shiny object that will feed my ADD in the other realms of my life.

Here's to hoping!

No comments:

Post a Comment